Set the tone for your day, week and month by starting your morning out right. These simple morning habits are sure to kick start your body and your brain into becoming energized, focused and on purpose.
Lets get started!
My goal is not to tell you that you need to start doing all of these, my goal is to spark an aha moment and trigger even one new habit that will kickstart you in achieving your personal goals.
I invite you to craft your very own Supercharged Morning Routine!
The perfect morning actually starts the night before. With proper preparation and mindset already tuned into starting your day off with a bang.
- Plan ahead. If you don’t know exactly what you are going to do the following morning you are already starting your day off behind. When you wake up, you should know exactly what needs to be done and when, have a clear plan of action and know the exact priorities in which you need start with first. (Don’t waste your time trying to decide what to do that morning).
- Prepare. What needs to be taken care of tonight so that you can execute your morning smoothly? If you plan on working out, get your work out clothes ready so you can grab and go first thing. If you are heading to the office make sure that you have prepped your snacks, shakes and lunch for the day so you can grab from the fridge, pop them into your lunch box and away you go. If you take time to journal or read, have your journal and book already pulled out at your dining room table or beside your reading chair or sofa. Help your mornings by preparing the night before.
- Taken right from Tony Robbins Thrive in Five, he talks about visualizing your day. What are you excited about? Who do you get to serve today? Take a moment and visualize your day the way you want it. When we take a moment to visualize and set our energies to high, we have a better outcome for the day.
- Do something small each morning that you can cross off of your to do list. Whether that is booking the oil change on your car you’ve been meaning to do for weeks, scheduling a pedicure, checking in with your coach, or tidying up your office – anything that you can do that doesn’t take up much time but motivates you feel accomplished by doing the small things that set you up for success. Accomplishments, big or small, give your brain a sense of pride that triggers self motivation to continue, #brainhack.
- Know what NOT TO DO. Do not get sucked into the bad habit vortex. Do not waste your precious productive mornings with moseying through in a reactive state. If you decide to slack off and start scrolling on your phone, checking your email, watching the news, sleeping in or hitting the snooze button repeatedly. These bad habits are holding you back from achieving success.
Now you know how to set yourself up for success, here are some healthy morning habits to start doing – remember you do not have to do them all, pick one or two or three that you feel are doable and start supercharging your mornings!
Drink a glass of water upon waking – re-hydrate your body right away – BEFORE coffee.
Wake your body before your brain – get some movement in first thing – if you are pressed for time, remember consistency is key here – not duration.
Pound off five minutes of Tabata: High Knees, Squats, Mountain Climbers, Crunches (20 seconds on, 10 seconds off) Four – Five Rounds.
Do five rounds of the Sun Salutation
Try a 7 minute full body circuit – 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest:
- Jumping Jacks
- Push Ups
- Sit Ups
- Step Ups
- Triceps Dips
- Reverse Lunges
- Side Plank
- Wall Sit
- High Knees
Then wake up your brain:
- Read for 10-15 minutes;
- Journal for 10-15 minutes;
- Repeat affirmations; or
- Meditate 10-15 minutes.
Again, you don’t have to do all of these, but try to pick one or two from the suggested healthy habits to add into your morning routine for your body and your brain. These habits have been proven to provide clarity, focus, reduce stress, improve self esteem, improve quality of sleep, reduce depression and increase overall life satisfaction and happiness.
What have you got to lose?
Let me know what you decide on adding in and how your supercharged mornings are going! At Your Wellness Ride or Die on Facebook